Thursday, September 18, 2008

Good cheap eats

Being a self-proclaimed chowhound, I've been trying to look for the best places to eat. So far, so good. One good thing I will say about Southern California is that it has great cheap authentic ethnic food. On top of that, the clientele is not the same people you find in the Mission (i.e. hipsters or folks who think it's so cool to eat something ethnic). So far here are my favorites so far:

Little India in Artesia:
(1) Udupi Palace: great place for dosas, but this may not count since I've been going to the Udupi Palace in the Mission up north. Great dosas nonetheless.

(2) Rasdahni: the place for thali! I'm not going to attempt to describe that thali is because I'll fail miserably.

As for great coffee places, I've only found Peet's so far. I need an independent coffee shop now!

No comments: